Water spotted nails: I finally made it!

Hello girls!

How's your weekend been so far? Summer has officially begun here in Italy so I'm trying to cope with the hot weather, which I absolutely dislike, by thinking of northern landscapes and painting my nails in vibrant colors ;)
Come sta andando il vostro weekend? L'estate direi sia ufficialmente cominciata, quindi io sto cercando di sopravvivere al caldo (che odio) pensando a paesaggi nordici e usando colori super brillanti sulle mie unghie ;)

I first attempted the water spotted technique a few months ago when I saw a tutorial by Cutepolish. I tried to replicate it but it catastrophically failed. Nothing seemed to work so I gave up on it for a while. Until yesterday. I picked up China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy and applied three thin coats for full opacity. Once it was completely dry, I filled a plastic cup with lukewarm water, added a few drops of China Glaze - Liquid Leather and sprayed hairspray on it. Mission accomplished!
Ho provato la tecnica 'water spotted' per la prima volta qualche mese fa dopo aver visto un tutorial di Cutepolish. Ho provato con tutti i tipi di prodotti ma ho fallito miseramente, quindi ho abbandonato in un angolo l'idea. Questo fino a ieri pomeriggio. Ho preso China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy e ho applicato tre passate per una coprenza perfetta. Appena si è asciugato del tutto, ho riempito un bicchiere di plastica con acqua tiepida e aggiunto qualche goccia di China Glaze - Liquid Leather. E poi via di lacca! Ecco il risultato.


Silvia Lace Nails: Water spotted nails using China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Liquid Leather

So what went wrong the first time I tried? Probably the way I was spraying hairspray over the water. The secret for me is to spray holding the bottle away from the cup. The closer you spray to the water, the more the polish will break and the holes will get wider.
Quindi cosa avevo sbagliato la prima volta? Probabilmente il modo in cui spruzzavo la lacca sull'acqua. Il segreto per me sta nel spruzzare la lacca tenendo la bottiglia distante dall'acqua. Più spruzzate vicino all'acqua, più lo smalto si romperà e creerà buchi più grandi.

Silvia Lace Nails: Water spotted nails using China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Liquid Leather

Silvia Lace Nails: Water spotted nails using China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Liquid Leather

Silvia Lace Nails: Water spotted nails using China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Liquid Leather

I hope you liked this look. It is so unique and colorful that I'm sure I'll try it very soon with different colors. Have you already tried this technique? Let me know in the comments below.
Spero via sia piaciuto questo look. Secondo me è davvero unico e colorato, e sono sicura che lo proverò molto presto con altri colori. Voi avete già provato questa tecnica? Fatemi sapere cosa ne pensate nei commenti.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW ME

ADD ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Follow on Bloglovin

PAGEVIEWS